Friday, July 20, 2007

Day 5 - Quarry Tour














I need to photograph this with a longer lens. The wide angle used for most of these photos tends to distort the figure somewhat.

More lipo today. Finally pulled down the legs all the way to the base. Each time I take a fresh look after a break -- or with different lighting -- I see work that needs done. She's still a little heavy in the thighs compared to my now-shattered maquette, but I'm starting to like it that way.

In the evening we had a tour of the marble quarry. Much has changed since I last was there some 35 years ago. Colorado Yule, they said, is now the most expensive marble in Europe where 45% of the production from this mine is shipped.

After the tour, we came home to an amazing Indian dinner cooked up by staffer Ravinder Bhardwaj. Why didn't I do this meal plan last year?!!

As always, I'll be adding many more photos to each of these posts once I get back into civilization...